Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Known- Part 3

Throughout the last two days I've been sharing with you all what I learned from the two day leadership conference that I attended last week.  Despite the conference being over 4 days ago I have still found myself  thinking about all of the things that I learned over those two changing days.  If you follow my Twitter feed then you have seen me post lots of recaps over the last two days.


I wrote on Monday about what impacted me most deep down in my spirit and on Tuesday I wrote about what impacted my ministry the most.  If you haven't read them then I encourage you to.  Isn't it refreshing to know how much we can learn from each other?  It is always my prayer that God will use my blog as a way to reach out to those who I may never come in contact with in any other way.

Today, I want to share with you what I like to call truth nuggets.  We all know what I'm talking about.  These are those little statements of truth.  Those nuggets that are so good that when you hear them you sit up a little higher, you grip your pen a little tighter, write a little faster, and listen in closer because you know just how good those words are.  These are the nuggets that you remember out of every sermon.  These are the statements that you keep going back to days later.

Here are just a few of those nuggets that I have been meditating on over the last few days.


"I am known to make him known.  Remember who it's from and who it's for and know that God can cut it off in a minute.  
Your appetite for known will never be satisfied by a number.  It will only be satisfied by a who or a name, and never satisfied by a how many."  -Andy Stanley

"Don't underestimate the power of the heart or the power of your own faith.  David was not the underdog."  -Malcom Gladwell

"I am designed by God to display God's identity.  God is most glorified in me when I am most satisfied in Him."  -John Piper

"Jesus never promoted a childish life, but He did promote a child-like faith."  -Judah Smith

"Change from the inside out is the kind of change that lasts."  -Priscilla Shirer

"When you see how much time you have left you tend to get serious about the time you have now.  I am not God.  
I am not the Holy Spirit.  I can not change anyone, but I can love a few.  Inheritance is what you leave someone.  
Legacy is what you leave in them."  -Reggie Joiner

"Love the church you're in and not the one you wish you were in.  Love the calling you have and not the calling you wish you had.  Rejoice in the God who calls you and you will begin to rejoice again in what He has called you to."  -Jud Wilhite


Were you at Catalyst this year?
What have you been meditating on the last few days?
Did any of these nuggets speak to you like they spoke to me?

Let's talk about it!

Come back tomorrow for a recap of tonight's theme: Go Fish!
It's the one day of the year that I wear camouflage and I like it.

*#KidsMin Calling is looking for guest bloggers for the month of November to write about reasons they are thankful for kids ministry.  If you are interested please e-mail kidsmincalling@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment