Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Known- Part 1

Last week I had the incredible opportunity to attend Catalyst.

What is Catalyst?

Catalyst Atlanta is a powerful gathering of young leaders, a movement of influencers, and world changers who love Jesus, see things differently, and feel a burden for our generation.  We seek to learn, worship and create together with a momentous energy passionately pursuing God. 



Catalyst was the most amazing weekend.  

I had such a long and busy summer, and I have been swamped recently getting my Wednesday night programs up and running again.  I absolutely love what I do and I have such a passion for my ministry, but after weeks of long days and long nights I was running on empty.  Not only was I tired physically, but my spiritual and emotional tank was dangerously low.  

The two days I spent at Catalyst were exactly what my spirit doctor, also known as Jesus, ordered.  I was able to sit under the most amazing teachers who spoke to me not only about my ministry, but about my own personal walk with Jesus.  I was able to join in with 13,000 of my closest friends and family in raised hands, unashamed, and relentless worship.  As I sat in my car on Friday getting ready to begin the drive home I was overwhelmed with God's goodness.  My body was still tired, but my spirit and soul were more alive than they had ever been.  

I want to share with you some of the things that I learned last week over the next two days. 

I want to first share with you the things that spoke most to my spirit. 
Tomorrow, I'll share with you the things that will help shape my ministry over the next year. 
Wednesday, I'll give you all those little nuggets that made everyone sit up a little straighter and listen in a little closer. 

Why am I starting with my spirit and not with my ministry?  
When I'm empty, my ministry is the one that suffers. 
When I am full of Jesus, I truly believe that the ministry thrives.

Thursday night we were led straight to the feet of Jesus by Passion Worship band.  
You haven't experienced worship until you've been with 13,000 people and sang about God's never-failing love with arms raised high and voices raised strong.
After worship I heard a sermon by Pastor Judah Smith that I don't think I will ever forget.  

Over the two days there seemed to be an overwhelming theme on finding satisfaction in Jesus, but on Thursday night Judah Smith broke it down in such a way that I will be forever changed.  There were so many messages by great leaders like Andy Stanley, John Piper, and Lecrae but this was the one that spoke to me the most.

Using the stories of the prodigal son and the life of Peter our lives and walks with Jesus were related to a giant dance floor.  Yes, that's right... a dance floor.

Here is what we learned:
Jesus never promoted a childish life, but he did promote a child like faith of running into Daddy's arms.
Being a son or daughter is not about worth- it's about birth.
Don't ever be the older son scowling in the corner- Just Dance!


Despite everything that I've ever been through and anything that might ever be going on in my life or ministry finding complete and total satisfaction in joy is all that I ever need.  If life is a giant dance floor, I should be out there with Jesus breaking it down.

Judah Smith said that if you have nothing left to dance for that you have this one thing... Dance because all you have to dance for is the fact that Jesus is there and that He loves you in spite of everything that you have ever done.  The modern way that the prodigal son was explained took me to a place with Jesus that I desperately needed.  Hearing life explained as a modern dance floor put a joy in my heart that is still overflowing.

I was reminded that I always have something to be joyful over.  If everything else in my life were to fall apart.  If I was to have nothing else left in this world, I would have Jesus.  If no one else is out on the dance floor, I can be out on the dance floor with my Savior.  I can find complete and total satisfaction and love in Jesus.

Isn't that amazing?

When I left Catalyst I had slept a total of 15 hours in 3 days and my body was still physically tired, but my spirit... My spirit was more ALIVE than it has ever  been.

After Judah Smith's sermon we were again led in worship by Passion and hearing their new song, 'God's Great Dance Floor' was like having the proverbial icing on top of my chocolate cake.

"You'll never stop loving  us.  No matter how far we run.  You'll never give up on us.  All of heaven shouts, let the future begin... I feel ALIVE.  I am ALIVE.  I come ALIVE on God's great dance floor."


You see, this is what being Known is really all about.
It's about feeling ALIVE.
It's about experiencing the love of your Savior.
It's about knowing that Jesus knows my name and loves me in spite of anything that I've ever done.
To be known is to be loved by Jesus.
To be ALIVE in His love.

Are you Known?
Are you ALIVE?

 If you are, hit play and go dance with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment