Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mommy!

Ya'll today is a special day!

It's my wonderful mommy's birthday!  Yes, I'm 24.  Yes, I still say mommy.
I think it's endearing.

Here's hoping she doesn't get me for saying this...
Actually, I probably shouldn't tell you this.
Let's just say that from this day forward she will forever be 50 49 years young.

She is a JEWEL!

I have never met a lady who I love and adore more than her.
They say that a pictures is worth a 1,000 years.
Here are 8,000 reasons that she is phenomenal!

There are so many more reasons, these are just my most favorite!

She sewed these ruffles by hand!  Who does that? 
Not to mention the fact that she created 3 cute children.  


She likes to take selfies!  Or whatever you call it when it's more than 1 person.  
She is hip with social media.  Facebook and Instagram are her jam. 
I'm trying to convince her to get a twitter, but I don't see her wanting to tweet anytime soon.  


She snuggles... Constantly. 
It doesn't matter what age we get.  
I always know I'll find a place in mommy's arms. 


She spends time with her children.  
Whether she is sitting at endless basketball games for her son or taking her girls to get pedicures or go shopping.  
She gives of her time constantly.  


She cried when I got back from my 3 month long internship. 
We had never been apart for that long.
I'll admit it, I cried too.  
She met me in the airport with posters and flyers.  


She's been my biggest supporter. 
From 5th grade book reports on Pocahontas to graduating from college. 
She has been my biggest cheerleader and my number 1 fan. 


She's always got my back. 
Seriously, she recently met my boyfriend for the 1st time and she grilled him. 
Why?  Because according to her I'm precious cargo. 
She's my best friend. 
She loves her daughters and son like it is her number 1 job.
She is there for us in a flash. 



People always say, I have a laugh like my mother days. 
I guess that makes sense, she taught me how to smile when thing's get rough. 
I've got her spirit.  She's always got my back. 
When I look at her I think, I wanna be just like that. 
When I love, I give it all I've got like my mother does. 
When I'm scared, I bow my head and pray like my mother does. 
When I'm weak and unpretty, I know I'm beautiful and strong. 
Because, I see myself like my mother does. 
-Lauren Alaina: "Like My Mother Does"

Happy Birthday, Mommy!
I LOVE YOU! 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so very much Mary Elizabeth. I am indeed honored that you see me in such a way. Being a MOM, no problem. My kids make it easy. I am not perfecto by any means, but I love my kids with every fiber of my being.
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete