Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bloglovin

Yesterday, I sent a message to my dear friend Audra over at Southern Girls in Heels and Pearls and asked her for some blog advice.  Why?  Because I am just not the best at blog writing.  

I am a busy person.
I live and breathe my job in full time #KidsMin. 
I'm a member of a book club.
I am a daughter.
I am a girlfriend.
I am a friend. 
I make time to exercise. 
I am an avid craft enthusiasts. 
I am constantly on the go. 
Except on the occasional Friday or Saturday I average 6-7 hours of sleep a night. 

What does this mean?  

It means that I have a sadly neglected blog.
I want to document my life.  
I have good intentions, but it's one of those things that falls at the bottom of my list.  

So, I e-mailed Audra.  Audra and I used to be college roommates.
Ya'll, this girl is hilarious!  When we lived together we constantly had each other in stitches!
Her blog is as real as she is.  It has its moment of hilarity and its moment of seriousness.  

Along with some great advice about guest blogging, and linking up with other bloggers for themed posts (Come back for my Social Sunday link up with Ashley on Sunday)  this conversation lead me to a realization.  I read so many blogs that I have neglected my own.  I spend a huge portion of my night looking at blogs.  I read blogs on fashion, adoption, children's ministry, weddings... You name it, I follow it. 

Today, I discovered Bloglovin.  If you read a lot of blogs, you should take advantage of this amazing tool.
See, before I used to have a bookmark in my browser of 30 different blogs that I had to open up individually to see if there was a new post.  Now, I can log into Bloglovin and see every blog that has an update all in one place.  It's seriously amazing, ya'll.  

I also realized this delightful thing.  

I could claim my own blog and have followers.

So, feel free to follow me on bloglovin and be on the lookout for a lot of new and exciting posts.  


And don't forget to go check out Audra's blog over at Southern Girls in Heels and Pearls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment