Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Beach Vacation

Last week I went on a beach vacation with my family.  What a glorious week that it was.  For the first time in over 8 years my family spent the week together with just us.  The love that was in the air was overflowing.  The joy, rest, and relaxation that we all felt we will remember forever.

Here is just a little peek into our week. 

Peanut Butter & Jelly
Sister and I road tripped together and we had a marvelous time!
We spent the drive watching Friends and listening to Sophia Grace's new single, 'Girls Just Gotta Have Fun'!



When we weren't making sand castle on the beach or swimming in the pool we hit the town for some family bonding activities.  We went to Ripley's Believe it or Not and Wonder-Works.  You know, that upside down house that everyone always thinks is weird.  It actually wasn't weird!  It was this very cool interactive place for adventure!  We spent our time their lying on a bed of nails and pretending to be astronauts among other things.  I think the astronaut look suits me quite well. 




We spent our nights sitting on the balcony listening to the waves and working on a vacation scrapbook.  Sister and I were determined to make sure that we remembered our vacation.  This is a layout of one of the pages that I put together that I was really proud of.  



Our family vacation was full of fun, but it was also pretty competitive!  My brother and dad can't participate in any activity without their having to be a contest.  I spent most of my vacation coming in last, or not placing at all.  When I heard that we were going to complete a maze I knew that this was my event to win!  And win I did coming in 1st place with an impressive 25 minutes.  The object of the maze once you entered was to find all four checkpoints, punch your card, and get back out.  I came in first with sister coming in 2nd at an impressive 28 minutes!  Finally, a win for the middle child!  



Gorgeous.  Simply gorgeous.
The sunsets in PCB left me in absolute awe of God's goodness and grace.  
"Those who live at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your wonders.
From where the sun rises to where it sets, you inspire shouts of joy."  
-Psalm 65:8 (NLT)




It was truly a fabulous week!  I can't wait for our next one!  

Have you taken a family vacation this summer?
What were some of your highlights?  


No comments:

Post a Comment